Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins (12 min total!)
The easiest batter I have ever made. And I had all the ingredients at hand which is unheard of. I just combined banana, egg, honey, peanut butter and vanilla and ta da! world class muffins that are fluffy, moist and soooooo delicious. Plus don't have any flour, refined sugar, soy or refined oil in them! And please lets mention the fact that it took me total of 12 min to prep, blend and bake.
Yields about 22 mini muffins (depends on the size of your muffin pan)
1 medium ripe banana, peeled
heaping 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I recommend using classic store bought peanut butter, and not natural or homemade)
3 tablespoons honey (agave or maple syrup may be substituted)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste
heaping 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare mini muffin pan by greasing it (I used coconut oil spray).
- Add first 7 ingredients to the blender, through optional salt, and blend on high speed until smoothy and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add chocolate chips and stir in by hand.
- Using a tablespoon or small cookie scoop that's been sprayed with cooking spray (helps batter slide off spoon or scoop easily), form rounded 1 tablespoon mounds and place mounds into prepared pans. Each cavity should be filled to a solid 3/4 full.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, or until the tops are set, domed, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Due to their small size and oven variance, make sure to watch your muffins closely, and bake until done. Allow muffins to cool in pans for about 10 minutes, or until they've firmed up and are cool enough to handle. Muffins are best fresh, but will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
By this point I ate like 5 of them.but that was just so I could get the perfect picture... tough job but someone had to do it!
Have an amazing day!