Coconut, Vanilla & Almond Butter Smoothie #smoothiesunday
A velvety smoothie made with coconut milk, vanilla, almond butter and sweetened with dates!
My version of a healthy frosty :)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 6-8 small dates (if refrigerated- soak in hot water for a few minutes)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice
- Optional: Vanilla Protein Powder ( I add the protein if this is my meal replacement. The powder is sweetened so I use only about 2 dates or non at all. See what works for you!)
- Optional: Top with unsweetened coconut flakes
- Add all ingredients except ice to blender. Puree well.
- Add ice and blend until ice is all crushed and smoothie is well blended and smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and serve immediately.
*Add more or less ice to make the smoothie thinner or thicker consistency.
*Vanilla protein powder would be great to add for a post workout smoothie or as a meal replacement!
Have a great Sunday!