The Ultimate Granola Recipe
I have experimented with different granola recipes. Some were too sweet, Too bitter, Too dry, Too burnt (might be my fault..) and none has been just right.
This is my JUST RIGHT.
These measurements are flexible; don’t worry too much about being exact.
- 2 cups raw, whole rolled oats/Old fashion oats
- ½ cup raw nuts, chopped
- ¼ cup raw seeds (sunflower or pumpkin seeds are great)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried fruit, chopped (optional. I usually don't add these to avoid the sugar)
- 2-3 tablespoons grade-b maple syrup or raw honey (or a combo of both)
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil or other healthy cooking oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or almond extract
- 1 large pinch fine sea salt
Recipe: Preheat the oven to 300F. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and use your hands to mix well and toss to coat. The coconut oil might be liquid or solid depending on the temperature of the room you are in. If solid, warm it up to a liquid form to make it easier to mix.
Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until very lightly toasted. Cool before serving or storing. This granola can be kept in an airtight container in a cool, dry place up to 2 weeks. I keep mine in a mason jar in the refrigerator.