Flourless Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
In my house there is one boss known to all: Chocolate. Then its me, but first is chocolate.
It has the power to get my husband to eat greens and try my new healthy dish. It has the power to get my 2 year old out the door when we're running late to day care. And most importantly it has the power to let mama breath and enjoy the silence after I put the kids to sleep.
So instead of fighting it, I decided to play along and introduce chocolate to my family by MY RULES.
Moist, naturally sweetened, wheat free, filled with creamy chocolate and hidden veggies. The presence of flax seeds delivers a great source of fibre and omega 3. Cant get any better then this.
This is my weapon. And Its about time Ill share it with you.
- ½ cup almond butter (or any other nut butter you prefer)
- 1 ripe medium banana
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 zucchinis , shredded and squeezed of excess liquid
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 11 cavities with cooking spray (I used coconut oil spray). Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for zucchini and chocolate chips to a blender and blend on high until batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about ¾ full. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Use this power wisely!
The Modern Fox