Crispy Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Garlic Aioli Dip
I have been making sweet potato fries for a while now and i must say i have not been too successful with their crunchiness level. mine somehow always come out saggy. But this time-this time its different! i kept the skin on for extra fiber, i used a ziplock to coat the fries evenly with oil and i added the salt once they were done (but thats just a personal preference)- IT WORKED! Sometimes you just need to indulge in a crunchy, fast and satisfying dish. This recipe takes about 20 min to make and will hit that spot -guaranteed!
for sweet potato fries:
- Sweet potato (i like to leave the skin on for extra crunchiness. If you decide to do the same, if you wash the potato make sure to dry the skin really really well so it wont get saggy from the oil)
- Sea salt
- Avocado oil (approx. 1TBS- make sure they are coated but not soaked in the oil!)
- ziplock bag
For Avocado Garlic Aioli:
- 1 large avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves (more if you prefer more garlicky flavour)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Veganaise (or vegan mayo of your choice)
- Fine grain sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut sweet potato into fries, put into ziplock. Add oil and shake to coat evenly.
- Place them on the baking sheet. with enough space between them!
- Place into the oven and cook for 10 min then flip to the other side for another 10 min. Keep an eye on them to make sure they wont burn.
- Remove from oven and Sprinkle with sea salt
Avocado Garlic Aioli Dip:
- Add garlic into food processor and process until minced. Now add the rest of the aioli ingredients and process until smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste
P.S The avocado Garlic Aioli is also great as a salad dressing and a spread for a sandwich! pretty versatile little gem! I make quite a lot of it and keep it in a jar in the fridge :)