Raw Brownie Goodies
I have 3 children under our roof. Jake, Ben and my superman of a husband, Gary. Don't get me wrong, he is an extraordinary businessman, husband and father but when it comes to his health and food, he is a 3 year old boy.
"yuck no fish oil for me!", "i didn't take my vitamins, you didn't give them to me", "Is there any meat in this?", "are we eating bird food for dinner again?" and the most repeated of them all-"Is there something yummy? anything? please."
He challenges me- there is no doubt about it. I make combinations of food i didn't even know is possible just to get him not to notice the super foods hidden in his pasta/brownie/peanut butter and jam sandwich. and most times i am pretty successful.
This recipe is the perfect answer to "Is there anything yummy?????" and my nutritious requirements. SUCCESS!
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds for coating
- Add walnuts and salt to a blender or food processor. Mix until the walnuts are finely ground.
- Add the dates, vanilla, spirulina and cocoa powder to the blender. Mix well until everything is combined. With the blender still running, add a couple drops of water at a time to make the mixture stick together.
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture into a bowl. Using your hands, form small round balls, rolling in your palm.
- put hemp seeds on a flat plate and roll the balls over to coat.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Let me know if you liked them as much as i did!!